If you are in the embroidery business, this can be a difficult decision for you to figure out which one is best for you among machine embroidery or hand embroidery. Do you outsource your work for hand embroidery, or do you appoint a machine embroidery organization to do the job?
Let us just look at the pros and cons of machine embroidery or hand embroidery:
Major Pros of Hand Embroidery:
- Hand embroidery can create a unique appearance and lovely designs that are individual.
- Each expert adds his/her touches to the piece bringing up a signature piece.
Important Cons of Hand Embroidery:
- Hand embroidery takes time and money. On an average duration, it takes more than two hours to create a two-inch rectangular piece of embroidery. As much intricate the piece, the more time it will take. As time is money, expand in processing time pushes up the charges each tangible and intangible for your business.
- Personal error and contamination are additionally viable in hand embroidery. For example, an embroidery technician may additionally fail to follow the set pattern and create errors in the final piece. As the man or woman is embroidering, the piece may additionally turn out to be soiled, and this will prolong transport and increase the cost of the piece.
Important Pros of Machine Embroidery:
- Machine embroidery is feasible through access to programmable embroidery digitizer. All you have to do is supply your format to a digitizing company. They will upload the pattern in a format that can be examined using an embroidery machine. The business also ensures that every format is real to the original.
- Machine embroidery is rapid and efficient. Most embroidery organizations already have stock pieces like T-shirts, caps, socks, etc. geared up for embroidery. All you have to do is buy the right amount of stock material, and the corporation will create the required merchandise for you in a high-value quality and promptly.
Important Cons of Machine Embroidery:
As such, there are no cons for machine embroidery. Most digital embroidery corporations have the personnel and back-up machines that will deal with any kind of emergency or rush order.
Sometimes digitizing a photo to a thread is frequently now not viable nor feasible. Thread is three dimensional as it is no longer oil paint or digital pixels. An embroidery digitizer should have an artist’s creativity and problem-solving skills. A digitizer’s canvas is the computer monitor, the keyboard and mouse are the brushes, and the embroidery digitizer’s pallet is the embroidery software.
But the embroidery expert canvas is the fabric, her brushes are the machine, needles, and thread and her pallet is the program produced by way of the digitizer. The desktop is only a robotic anticipating guideline and then doing precisely what it is informed to do in the order it is advised to do it. Ruling out mechanical issues or operator error, if a pattern does now not sew out correctly, it is not the machine or embroidery expert fault.